26 Ogos 2013

Posted by jinson on 26.8.13 No comments
.
BEIJING: For internationally-acclaimed Malaysian pianist Claudia Yang (pic), patriotism translates music to her ears. The mother of two believes there are myriad ways to show one's patriotism to the country. They include knowing the national anthem; having respect for the flag; following the laws of the country; being a responsible citizen; and, working together for the good of the nation. Currently, Yang lives in Beijing with husband, Yang Lingyang, a Chinese businessman, and their twin daughters Yang Zhi and Yang Hui. As Malaysia will soon celebrate its 56th Independence Day on August 31, the Malaysian pianist who achieved international fame will never forget the nation's national day. "Selamat Merdeka, I want to wish my homeland Malaysia, Happy (56th) Birthday, and I am so proud of being a Malaysian. "Even (though) I am living abroad, my heart is with you. I really look forward to returing again to develop my career and contribute (to the country). I hope more Malaysians will have a chance to hear my playing, and I hope that I can be a blessing to Malaysia," the 39-year-old Malaysia's premiere pianist told the Malaysian media after performing in a piano recital in celebration of the 39th anniversary of the establishment of the Malaysia-China diplomatic relations here Saturday night. Although an international-famed pianist, Yang could not be more proud than being a Malaysian. "I am still holding my Malaysian passport and identity card, and I have never regretted being born in Malaysia," she said proudly. During the performance, Yang played 'Lagenda' sung by popular Malaysian singer Sheila Majid which is also a tribute to late Tan Sri P. Ramlee, besides performing classical music from L. V. Beethoven, F. Chopin and S. Rachmaninoff. She was born in Muar, Johor and began her piano studies at age five. At age 17, she flew to Vienna to pursue her dream of becoming an internationally-renowned pianist, graduating as joint best pianist of her year in 1997. In the same year, Yang was invited by both the Chinese and Malaysian ambassadors to give her first diplomatic recital at Obudai Tarsaskor in Budapest. Yang was also invited to perform for former Malaysian prime minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi during a state visit to China in 2004. She was also named 'The Global Chinese of the Year 1999' by the world renowned Chinese magazine, 'China Voice' of New York. Meanwhile, chairman of Beijing Winland Real Esatte Co Ltd Adam Yu Chikeung said Yang was absolutely a gift of Malaysia-China's long history of friendly exchange.

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Arkib Blog