23 Oktober 2013

Posted by jinson on 23.10.13 No comments
Screenshot of the YouTube clip. Pic: YouTube
ANOTHER surfer has filmed a great white shark under his board at the same beach where a paddle boarder's close encounter.
Brad Croder took his GoPro out on the waves at El Porto Beach, to shoot a music video but the images he captured sent shivers down his spine. As he paddled with legs dangling in the water, the camera caught a large great white under his board. The close encounter was at the same beach where paddle boarder Mike Durand bumped into a great white.
Durand said he heard two great whites were spotted off Manhattan Beach so he took his video camera out to see if he could get some footage of them. El Porto Beach is at the northern end of Manhattan Beach, in Los Angeles. The shark glides under his board and even bumps into it. Why would he do that? "It's exciting. I like to live on the edge," he said. 
Croder was unaware of the shark under his board until he returned home and watched the footage. After posting the video on Facebook he said: "I got all this as an accident!" A team of scientists from Monterrey Bay Aquarium are trying to tag the sharks for research purposes. Meanwhile, in Hawaii, another surfer has had a dramatic encounter with a shark.
Jeff Horton, 25, punched a shark that bit down on his surfboard. He was able to get away uninjured. He had been surfing for three hours early on Sunday near Kilauea when he saw a dark shape approaching. The shark clamped down on his surfboard. Horton was knocked off and onto the shark. "I had my feet dangling in the water under my surfboard," he told KHON2.
"My instinct was like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa and this thing comes up and I yanked my foot up right as it took the bite. It bit my surfboard and missed my foot and it flipped me and I rolled on top of it."

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Arkib Blog